Yugioh Abyss Rising Blister Pack
At the ocean floor, thousands of feet beneath the surface, lies the Abyss – a region of total darkness and unexplored mysteries that covers most of the Earth. Here, among the giant squid and other sea monsters, swim mermaids and mermen, untroubled by the world above.
But now, this great nation is rising to the surface – to fight for you in your Duels! And when it’s time to fight, these lords and ladies of the deep will strap on their chainmail armor, and march into battle as the heavily-armored Mermails of the Abyss!
Three-dimensional thinking comes naturally to Mermails, and you can see it in their fast and free-flowing battle tactics. Mermail strategy is based on exchanging the Mermails you have for the Mermails you want – whether on the field, in your hand, in the Graveyard, or even in your Deck.
The Mermail military is divided into three parts: mermaids, mermen, and mermonsters.
Mermail Abyss mermaids get you other Mermails when the mermaid goes to the Graveyard:
- Mermail Abysslinde summons a Mermail from your Deck when destroyed.
- Mermail Abyssgunde summons a Mermail from your Graveyard when discarded.
- Mermail Abysshilde summons a Mermail from your hand when sent to the Graveyard.
Some Mermail Abyss mermen let you discard WATER monsters for powerful effects:
- Mermail Abyssturge lets you discard to add a WATER monster from your Graveyard to your hand.
- Mermail Abysspike lets you discard to add a WATER monster from your Deck to your hand.
And finally, Mermail Abyss mermonsters are gigantic sea monsters from the ocean depths, trained to serve in the Mermail army, like Mermail Abyssmegalo!
The trick is to combine these monsters together, and get their effects to work off each other. For example, with Abysspike on the field, discard Abyssgunde or Abysshilde to activate Abysspike’s effect, to grab a monster of your choice from your Deck. As a bonus, the mermaid you discarded activates HER effect, so you also summon a Mermail from your Graveyard or hand. You’ve just turned 2 monsters into 3!
The Siren Song of Mermail Abysslinde
Mermail Abysslinde is the key card of any Mermail Deck. When she’s destroyed while on the field, you can Special Summon any “Mermail” monster from your Deck – of any Level.
Mermail strategy lets you use Mermail Abysslinde to summon monsters to the field again and again! Here are some key strategy tips for Mermail Abysslinde to get you started:
- Abysslinde has no Level restrictions on her ability to summon. You can even summon Level 7 mermonsters like Mermail Abyssmegalo!
- Abyss Spells and Traps, like Abyss-squall and Abyss-sphere, can Special Summon Mermails from the Graveyard or Deck, but those monsters’ effects are negated while they’re on the field. Since Abysslinde activates her effect in the Graveyard, you STILL get her effect when she’s destroyed, even though her effects on the field were negated.
- Even better, Abyss-squall and Abyss-sphere automatically destroy whatever they Summon, at the end of the turn. Even if Abysslinde isn’t destroyed by battle, or by your opponent’s cards, your own Trap effects will destroy her and activate her effect.
- Instant Megalo Combo: Activate Abyss-squall or Abyss-sphere during your opponent’s turn, summoning Abysslinde. During their End Phase, Abysslinde will be destroyed by your own Trap effect, and you can summon Mermail Abyssmegalo, so it will be ready to attack during your turn!
- If you have Abysslinde in your Graveyard, you can get her back in the fight by discarding her sisters (Abyssgunde or Abysshilde) in order to summon a mermonster like Abyssmegalo, or to activate the effects of mermen like Abyssturge and Abysspike. When she’s destroyed again, you can summon yet another monster from your Deck!
Mermails have powerful tools to help them summon high-Ranking Xyz Monsters. You can use Lemuria, the Forgotten City to give each WATER monster you control an extra Level for every WATER monster you have on the field. Then you can fine-tune the Levels you need by banishing Mermail Abyssmander to give them an extra +1 or +2 Levels. Getting exactly the monster Levels you wanted has never been easier!
These Level-adjusting tricks are extra powerful combined with Abyss-squall, which summons 3 Mermails from your Graveyard. Get 3 Mermails of the same Level, use Lemuria to give them each another +3 Levels, then use Abyssmander to give them 1 or 2 more. You can easily get 3 monsters on the field ranging anywhere from Level 7 to Level 10, opening the door to gigantic Xyz Monsters like Number 9: Dyson Sphere (available in Abyss Rising) and Superdimensional Robot Galaxy Destroyer (from Return of the Duelist).
Atlantean monsters (from the Realm of the Sea Emperor Structure Deck) have special tactical abilities that activate when sent to the Graveyard to activate a WATER monster’s effect. Several Mermail monsters make good combos with these Atlanteans:
- Discard an Atlantean to activate a merman’s effect like Mermail Abyssturge or Mermail Abysspike. You’ll get your merman’s effect plus the Atlantean’s tactical ability to destroy an opponent’s card or add another Sea Serpent to your hand.
- Discard 2 Atlanteans to summon Mermail Abyssmegalo. Now you have a gigantic mermonster in play, and you activate two Atlantean tactical abilities.
- Tribute your Atlanteans from the field to activate Mermail Abyssmegalo’s effect, letting it attack more than once during your turn.
- Even though your mermen monsters are Fish-Type, your mermonsters are Sea Serpent-Type, just like the Atlanteans, so your Atlantean Dragoons can grab Mermail Abyssmegalo (and future mermonsters) right out of your Deck.
What other deep-sea combinations could be unleashed if these two undersea powerhouses join forces? Find out by making your own voyage of discovery!
The Power of Prophecy
The history of the Prophecy monsters continues to unfold! These new Spellcasters first appeared in Return of the Duelist, and are moving forward with their quest to assemble the world’s most powerful Spellbooks.
Three new Spellbooks have been added to the Prophecy collection:
- Spellbook of Eternity returns a banished Spellbook to your hand. This lets you re-use your Spellbooks after powering up your High Priestess of Prophecy, Emperor of Prophecy, or Prophecy Destroyer.
- Spellbook of Fate lets you bounce a Spell/Trap back to the hand, change a monster’s battle position, or banish an opponent’s card.
- Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere lets you see the top 2 cards of your Deck, and add any Spellbooks you find to your hand.
As their Spellbook libraries grow larger, the Prophecy monsters have organized and protected their Spellbooks, by constructing The Grand Spellbook Tower! This Field Spell Card lets you draw a card during your Standby Phase, by returning a Spellbook from your Graveyard to your Deck. If The Grand Spellbook Tower is ever destroyed, its builders will seek retribution, allowing you to immediately Special Summon a Spellcaster from your hand or Deck!
The Grand Spellbook Tower is huge, and includes many rooms, like the Spellbook Star Hall. This Continuous Spell Card gives a permanent +100 ATK to your Spellcasters each time you activate a Spellbook card. Since you can have more than one Spellbook Star Hall in play at a time, you can quickly accumulate a bonus to all your monsters of +1000 ATK or more! If a Star Hall is destroyed, your Spellcasters will certainly investigate, and you can add a Spellcaster from your Deck to your hand.
Besides their new Spellbooks, and the libraries they are constructing to hold them, new Prophecy monsters are available for your Deck in Abyss Rising:
- Empress of Prophecy reveals the top 5 cards of your Deck, and lets you destroy 1 monster on the field for each “Spellbook” card revealed. Since Prophecy monsters are all about foretelling the future, you can also dictate your own fate by re-arranging the order of the cards on top of your Deck! If you place 2 Spellbook cards on top, you’re guaranteed to draw 2 cards when you use your Spellbook Library of the Heliosphere.
- Emperor of Prophecy lets you take control of your opponent’s monsters.
- You can banish Justice of Prophecy to grab a high-Level Spellcaster and a Spellbook from your Deck.
Look for more Prophecy and Spellbook cards in the upcoming Cosmo Blazer booster set, as the Prophecy continues to unfold!
Get ready for a new spin on an old favorite! Giant Soldier of Steel is a Rank 3 Xyz Monster that re-imagines the classic Giant Soldier of Stone. Created from 2 Level 3 Rock-Type monsters, Giant Soldier of Steel is immune to all other monsters’ effects. And as a Quick Effect, you can detach one of its Xyz Materials to make yourself immune to your opponent’s effect damage this turn, AND boost Giant Soldier of Steel by +1000 DEF.
And since it’s a Rock-Type monster, you can also combine it to perform a classic maneuver, as you Attack the Moon!
Cards For Every Deck
Abyss Rising has many cards that work great in ANY Deck. Here are some of our favorites:
Tired of seeing your opponent use the same Spells and Traps that you are? Take a good look at Retort – the ultimate silver bullet for copy-cat gameplay! When your opponent uses a Spell or Trap that you already have in your Graveyard, Retort will negate their Spell/Trap activation, AND return your copy of that same card back to your hand. If you’re tired of seeing cards like Mirror Force or Mystical Space Typhoon, Retort is the answer you’ve been looking for.
That Wacky Alchemy! is a powerful Trap Card that can destroy any face-up monster on the field. All that is required is for an opponent’s face-up Spell Card to go to the Graveyard. This can happen when their Equip or Continuous Spell Cards are destroyed, but you can also activate this card when their Normal Spells and Quick-Play Spells resolve, because when that happens, those Spell Cards are also sent from the field to the Graveyard!
Memory of an Adversary allows you to permanently take control of a monster that attacks you. You take damage equal to the monster’s ATK when you activate this Trap Card, but it’s a small price to pay, because the monster is banished from the field, then returns to YOUR side of the field at the end of your opponent’s next turn.
Forbidden Dress is the latest in the “Forbidden” series of Quick-Play Spell Cards. This card makes it so that one monster cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects for that turn. You can also use it to lower a monster’s ATK by 600, which can flip one battle result from defeat into victory by weakening your opponent’s monster!
Whether you’re building a Mermail Deck, improving your Atlantean Deck, powering up your Prophecy monsters, sweetening your Madolche Deck, or looking for powerful new cards to add to another Deck you’re already using, Abyss Rising will be your #1 place to go this fall!
Abyss Rising contains 100 cards:
48 Common Cards
20 Rare Cards
14 Super Rare Cards
10 Ultra Rare Cards
8 Secret Rare Cards
FREE SHIPPING on orders of $100 or more!!*
*48 states and excludes certain supply items